This is the real-life story of a boy who has become a world legend.
The book, which is being divided into three parts, records in detail the life of Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit who is an expert in the Shaolin arts:
- The Formative Years – Traces the early age of Grandmaster Wong and how he learned Shaolin Kungfu, Taijiquan, Zen, chi kung and Chinese medicine from patriarchs of the arts.
- Building the Foundation – Describes how Grandmaster Wong founded Shaolin Wahnam and started to teach the Shaolin arts to the public.
- Spreading Health and Happiness – Records the travel of Grandmaster Wong to numerous countries to teach the Shaolin arts to more than 60,000 students in over 35 countries, helping people suffering from so-called incurable diseases to regain their good health, and giving vitality, longevity, mental clarity, peak performance and spiritual joy to people who are already healthy irrespective of race, culture and religion.
Grandmaster Wong is also an international best-selling author. His writing is clear and a pleasure to read. Even if you may not be interested in the subjects he writes about, you will still enjoy reading his autobiography which is full of fun and humour, and benefit much from the real-life stories which illustrate many invaluable lessons to enrich our daily life.
The Formative Years
1. I’ll Teach You Free of Charge
2. My Master, Uncle Righteousness
3. The Journey Begins
4. The Way Opens
5. The Dance of Peace and Joy
6. Flowery Fists and Embroidery Kicks
7. Adventures at the Malayan Teachers’ College in Kuala Lumpur
8. Marrying the Most Beautiful Girl in the World
9. Dungun by the South China Sea
10. Learning Wuzuquan from the Living Treasure of the Peoples’ Republic of China
11. A Story that has Changed My Life and Countless Peoples’ Lives
12. Learning the Shaolin Arts from the Third Generation Successor of the Southern Shaolin Temple
13. The Treasure of Shaolin and the Great Majestic Set
14. Muay Thai Fighting and Internal Force Training
15. Four Gates, Hook-Spring Leg and Counters against Kicks
16. Sau Foong, the Beautiful Phoenix
17. How Shaolin Kungfu was Transmitted from the Shaolin Temple to Our School
18. Questions over Tea and Meals, and Defeating a Muay Thai Champion
19. Tea Times, Meal Times and Story Telling Times
20. Kungfu Sets, Chi Kung and Free Sparring
21. The Four Great Staffs in Kungfu
22. The Great Sage Equal to Heaven and Immortal Li
23. There is a Piece of Jade in the House, Wherefore Search Outside?
24. You Don’t Have to Believe these Incredible Feats
25. Wei Foong was an Active Chubby Baby
26. Taijiquan can be Fast, Forceful and Combat Efficient
27. Tit-Ta or Treatment for Injuries Sustained from Felling and Being Hit
28. Learning Wing Choon Kungfu from Sifu Choe Hong Choy
29. Learning a Variety of Kungfu Weapons
Building the Foundation
30. Chun Nga could Break a Brick at the Age of Eleven
31. Establishing Shaolin Wahnam Association in Sungai Petani
32. What was Training Like at Shaolin Wahnam Association
33. The Lion, the Dragon and the Unicorn
34. Starting to Teach Chi Kung to the Public
35. Siew Foong’s Arrival brought Love and Peace, and Financial Improvement
36. A Bitter Betrayal
37. Some Incredible Results of Chi Kung
38. Distant Chi Transmission is Unbelievable but True
39. Chun Yian, a Child who Composed his Own Songs and Language
40. The Kuala Lumpur Experience
41. Early Teaching and Adventures in Australia
42. Secrets of Combat Efficiency
43. Flying Crane, Art of Lightness and Dispersing Clouds
44. My Loving Mother and My Loving Father
45. My Childhood Memories
46. Understanding Classics and Writing Best-Selling Books
47. From the Art of Chi Kung to the Way of the Master
Spreading Health and Happiness
48. Spain – My First Visit to the West
49. The Portuguese Experience with the General and Gourmet
50. Dim-Mark is Not Lost; It is Found in our School
51. Lovely Happily Married Couple in Toronto
52. The Whole of Austria is a Garden
53. Sabah, Land Below the Winds
54. World Qigong Congress and the Unity of the Sciences
55. Belgium’s Chocolate and Holland’s Windmills
56. The Italian Romance
57. Enchanting South American Experiences
58. When Irish Eyes are Smiling
59. Glorious Progress after a Storm
60. Beautiful Switzerland
61. Internal Force, Mental Flow and Sifu’s Parking
62. UK Summer Camp and Road Trip to Wales
63. Brighton, Four Gates and Dragon Strength
64. Golden Bell and Transcendental Teaching
65. Zen and Recovery from What Doctors Considered Impossible
66. Returning to Australia
67. Melbourne Wedding and Memorable Happenings
68. Crystal Clear Water and Ayers Rock
69. Land of the Mid-Night Sun
70. The Magic of the Winter Camp
71. The Spread of Shaolin Wahnam to the United States
72. A Most Memorable Journey Across the United States
73. Whether it is Common Place or Magical Depends Much on Your Mind
74. Heart to Heart Transmission
75. Beautiful like Cherry Blossom in Japan
76. India: a Land of Sounds and Colours
77. Today is Going to be the Best Day of Your Life
78. A Special State of No-Mind
79. Celebrating Life with Joy in Russia
80. The Magic of the Arabian World
81. Experiencing Thousand and One Nights
82. Bringing the Shaolin Arts Back to the Chinese People
83. Good Health is Our Birth-Right
84. Miracles Do Happen
85. The Four Dimensions of Kungfu, Chi Kung or Any Art
86. The Spread and Depth of the Shaolin Wahnam Arts
87. Enriching Our Lives and the Lives of Other People
88. Becoming a Great Master *Only Available in Special and Limited Edition
So what’s special for the Special & Limited Edition? The Special & Limited Edition has below features which the normal edition does not have……
- Hardcover in red with gold lettering (wrapping with another plastic cover which consists of the image of Grandmaster Wong and logo of Shaolin Wahnam).
- All content pages are in art paper with full / four colours printing.
- A special chapter (Chapter 88) entitled “Becoming a Great Master”.
- A DVD which consists of videos that record all kungfu sets mentioned in the book which include Essence of Shaolin Kungfu and Dragon Strength.
- Personally signed by Grandmaster Wong.
- Worldwide limited distribution of 1,944 copies only (in conjunction with the year Grandmaster Wong was born).
About the author:
Wong Kiew Kit, popularly known as Sifu Wong, is the fourth generation successor of Venerable Jiang Nan from the famous Shaolin Monastery in China and Grandmaster of Shaolin Wahnam Institute of Kungfu and Chi Kung. He received the “Chi Kung Master of the Year” Award during the Second World Congress on Chi Kung held in San Francisco in 1997. He has practiced and taught the Shaolin arts for more than 3 decades and has more than 60,000 students all over the world.
Since 1987, Sifu Wong has spent more time teaching Chi Kung than Kungfu, because he feels that while Kungfu serves as an interesting hobby, Chi Kung serves an urgent public need, particularly in overcoming degenerative and psychiatric illnesses.
Sifu Wong is one of the few masters who have generously introduced the once secretive Shaolin Chi Kung to the public, and has helped many people to obtain relief or overcome so-called “incurable” diseases like hypertension, asthma, rheumatism, arthritis, diabetes, migraine, gastritis, gall stones, kidney failure, depression, anxiety and even cancer.
He stresses the Shaolin philosophy of sharing goodness with all humanity, and is now dedicated to spreading the wonders and benefits of the Shaolin arts to people all over the world irrespective of race, culture and religion.
Sifu Wong is also an internationally acclaimed author of books on the Shaolin arts and Buddhism.
Books by Wong Kiew Kit:
Introduction to Shaolin Kungfu
The Art of Chi Kung
The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu
The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan
Chi Kung for Health and Vitality
The Complete Book of Zen
The Complete Book of Chinese Medicine
The Complete Book of Shaolin
Sukhavati: The Western Paradise
Master Answers Series: The Shaolin Arts
Publisher: Cosmos Internet Sdn Bhd
ISBN – 13: 978-983-40879-6-8